Specialist Senior Technician - Randall Cell & Molecular Biophysics
- Full Time
Specialist Senior Technician
Department : Randall Cell & Molecular Biophysics
We study epithelial cell turnover, mainly by a process that drives cell death call epithelial cell extrusion. We are seeking a talented, organized, friendly person who can assist with experiments and help run the lab. We especially need someone who is gifted in molecular biology skills and has vast knowledge in the latest cloning methods.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the research group; ordering and maintenance of laboratory consumables in line with the budget
- To manage the maintenance of equipment; troubleshoot problems, arrange engineer call outs, and facilitate scheduled maintenance visits as necessary.
- To act as a health and safety representative for the group; providing training in laboratory techniques and ensuring compliance to legislation and local rules.
- Oversee cell culture techniques within the group to ensure best practices are upheld
- To provide specialist technical advice to group members and advice with molecular biology and other techniques.
- May perform experiments but will be mainly making DNA expression constructs, mRNA probes, and protein biochemistry.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post
The selection process will include a panel interview.
To apply, please register with the King's College London application portal and complete your application online.
Grade and Salary : Grade 5, £31,883 - £36,422 per annum inclusive of £3,223 London Weighting Allowance per annum
Job ID : 013414
Post Date : 25-Apr-2019
Close Date : 23-May-2019
Contact Person : Jody Rosenblatt
Contact Details : firstname.lastname@example.org