Teaching Assistants in Psychology
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Full-time Teaching Assistants
Teaching assistants are expected to conduct tutorials for modules that operate on the lecture-tutorial format.
Required Qualifications and Experience
At least an Honours with Distinction or Second Upper Honours (or equivalent) degree in Psychology by the time of appointment.
Some teaching experience will be an advantage but not necessary.
Nature of Job
(a) facilitating discussion groups
(b) attending lectures as necessary
(c) marking assignments and exams
(d) providing student consultations
(e) supporting class management and administration
(f) attending teaching enhancement classes/seminars
Preference will be given to those who are comfortable with teaching a few of these modules: Introduction to Psychology, Research and Statistical Methods I and II, Abnormal Psychology, Biological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology, Industrial/Organisational Psychology, Psychometrics and Psychological Testing, History & Systems of Psychology, Historical Controversies in Psychology
Length of Appointment
One academic year in the first instance.
Position will begin on July 2019.
Competitive salary will be offered, depending on qualifications and experience.
Your application should be submitted online at this website: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/13619 and should comprise the following:
(1) NUS Personal Particulars Form (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
(2) NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/psy/about.html#job-opportunities)
(3) Full CV
(4) Statement of teaching philosophy and methodology
(5) Copies of educational certificates and transcripts
(6) Two reference letters to be submitted directly by the letter writers at the above website (letter writers should be able to comment on your suitability for the job)
(7) A list of modules you are able and willing to teach (the full list of modules is available on the department website)
Deadline for Applications: 20 May 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Please contact Ms Loo Bee Bee, email@example.com