Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
Cancer Clinical Research Coordinator Associate
The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is one of only 49 National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country. As a NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center the SCI is a dynamic and stimulating place to work as it maintains the highest level of scientific rigor, institutional support and coordination for the complete range of cancer-related research, including basic, translational, clinical and population-based science. The SCI brings together faculty with cancer-relevant expertise from four Schools and over 30 departments throughout the University. The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is an integral component of the Stanford Cancer Institute since the vital work performed there enables our cancer center to translate research from the laboratory into the clinical setting. Given the SCI’s mission, breadth, and depth it employs ~275 staff members (inclusive of the CCTO) in a fast-paced environment with tremendous opportunities for our Clinical Research teams.
The Cancer Clinical Trials Office in the Stanford Cancer Institute, in Stanford University’s School of Medicine seeks a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate to perform duties related to the coordination of clinical studies as part of the Breast Clinical Research Group.
- Serve as primary contact with research participants.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol.
- Coordinate collection and management of study data.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions and ensure Institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Assemble study visits, monitor scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinate documents, and attend monitoring meetings with study team, acting as primary contact.
- Interact with the principal investigator and other study personnel regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Experience working in Oncology Clinical Trials
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Requisition ID: 82888