Business Development Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Closing date: 24/05/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Commercial - Business Development
Win new business by actively selling the wider range of BPP corporate solutions. Key to success is a close working relationship with the local region/centres and wider commercial team to identify new business leads and convert them into BPP customers.
Networking and developing new client relationships at senior level, this role will position BPP as a global professional services education/training business and university.
It requires a breadth and depth of knowledge of BPP to successfully turn opportunities into new business. The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant will work closely with BPP:-
- Local centres/region.
- BPP schools.
- Client services, and wider commercial team.
The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant, will manage the full sales cycle including writing proposals, presentations, contracting and commercial negotiations.
Supported by the wider commercial team, BPP contact centre and marketing, the BDM will be responsible for lead generation/conversion and relevant local networking activities.
The BDM/Corporate Solutions Consultant will ensure insight gained from clients is shared across the wider BPP to help BPP develop education and training solutions to meet client needs.
The role will evolve with the changing requirements of the business.
Working in collaboration with wider BPP, client services, and the commercial team:-
- Align new business activity to BPP corporate strategy including local /region focus.
- Identify and agree the primary new business targets.
- Ensure annual individual growth targets are achieved to meet requirements of the BPP 5 year growth plan.
- Prepare and agree the strategy for new business client engagement.
- Establish and build senior relationships within clients, identify business opportunities and win new business.
- Work closely with BPP School of Business and Technology and BPP Professional Development division to ensure a coordinated approach is adopted to grow tailored corporate solutions in both the UK and globally.
- Work with clients to identify and leverage wider opportunities.
- Work with the wider commercial team to support sales activity for national targets clients.
- Establish a network with strategic third parties, e.g. Institutes. Promote support and attend local networking activities
- Work with marketing department to ensure activities to support client engagement are coordinated and integrated.
- Support the “One BPP” brand and “Never stand still” principles in all client activity.
- Ensure you are fully up to date with BPP programmes, products and services.
- Provide regular client feedback and competitor insight. Report on trends, developments, challenges and new opportunities.
- Support the launch of new initiatives and products.
- Report on targets and manage forecasting and budget.
- Ensure all client activity is up to date within Salesforce.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- A track record of winning new business in a B2B consultative sales environment.
- Presence and stature to establish credibility with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders including those within BPP.
- Motivation together with proven approach to building pipelines and ultimately new business.
- Ability to set strategic direction, and work with small teams to achieve common goals.
- Experience of writing and producing tenders / presentations and contract negotiations.
- Experience in the commercial and public sector with a determined and focused approach to drive new business.
- Familiar with CRM tools and able to monitor and report individual financial performance.
- The successful candidate will be commercially astute, have a logical approach but also a self-motivated, quick thinker and comfortable working alone.
- A self-motivated performance focused individual. Ambitious to succeed and determined to make it happen.
- IT literate - excel, PowerPoint and word experience
- Familiar with using CRM tools – ideally Salesforce
- Full UK driving licence and use of own car