Lecturer in Business, Design Thinking
You will deliver quality teaching and an engaging student experience, together with conducting research within the areas of Design Thinking in an innovative team which links education and research with industry. Be part of a University which prioritises design as a key understanding for all students.
This position will act as liaison mainly to UNSW Business School and the business parts of the UNSW design ecosystem. Join the Director of Design Next, Ilpo Koskinen.
- Salary: $105,108 - $123,908 (AUD) + 17% superannuation + leave loading
- 5-year fixed term contract
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
At UNSW we have launched Design Next to facilitate design innovation and it will change the university. We are incorporating Design Thinking across Engineering, Business, Art & Design and Built Environment faculties. Design Next brings design, User-Centred Design, Design Thinking, Social Design and Service Design into the core of UNSW. Design Next will disrupt the current education philosophy, changing the paradigm in education and society in the future.
If you are from an industry or professional background you should demonstrate your equivalent level of standing as shown through professional experience.
About the successful applicant:
- Masters or PhD from engineering, business, design disciplines (including but not limited to architecture, industrial design, etc.), or from other disciplines relevant to design
- A track record in research with high quality outcomes
- Ability and willingness to deliver high quality and innovative teaching and student experience to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Willingness to undertake any compliance and supervisor training as required.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 9385 2459
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Sunday 2nd June 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney