4 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: 30/04/2019
Salary: £35,000 -£40,000
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Group Finance - Finance
This role will be based in London/Croydon
Support the Group FP&A function with the development and successful delivery of financial strategy across numerous Schools and Business Units.
This role will provide support in financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes. Partnering closely with budget holders across the business this role will facilitate the understanding and reporting of key performance indicators and optimising financial business processes.
Working closely with the central finance team to prepare annual plans and provide analysis of monthly financial results. Champion revenue growth and cost control by producing intelligent financial analysis that facilitates business decisions.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with non-finance stakeholders across multiple cost centres to understand business drivers and deliver all aspects of reporting and analysis.
- Providing adhoc financial analysis pre and post month end.
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Challenge results and seek opportunities to increase income/ reduce costs.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting. Identify and drive process improvements Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting:
- Producing annual budgets and strategic plans, working with the business to build and challenge key assumptions.
- Producing, uploading and checking quarterly forecasts, identify risks and opportunities and understanding trends and providing Key Performance Indicators.
- Report monthly, quarterly, and annual results with review and analysis of key trends to all key stakeholders.
- Management information which reports budget and forecast variances, analysis on performance and profitability, assessing future scenarios and providing recommendation to the business based on analysis.
- At peak periods/absences requirement to assist the wider finance team around month end/year end/group audits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Part Qualified (ACCA/CIMA)
- Good understanding of Advanced MS Excel
- Strong time management skills: ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with experience of providing financial guidance to non‐financial stakeholders.
- Able to work self-sufficiently, problem solve and identify opportunities to add value above and beyond existing process.
- Commercially strong with analytical skills
- Positive attitude and motivated by continuous improvement and high quality output
- Attention to detail but able to see the bigger picture
- Knowledgeable user of financial systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX and TM1 (desirable).
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic disclosure and credit check.