Research Associate at the University Center for Field Studies
Category: Full-time contract (140 hours per month) for 12 months
Supervision: Dr. Charis Psaltis
Place of work: University of Cyprus
Announcement of a position for a Research Associate at the University Center for Field Studies (UCFS). UCFS aims in the undertaking of research and provision of consultancy services.
Duties of Research Assistant:
- Preparing research proposals that meet customer needs and international standards for field research.
- Coordination and training of the research team of the Center
- Presentations of research programs / proposals
- Financial management of research grants
- Preparation of research and / or advisory services in coordination with the Center's Director and the Executive Board of UCFS
- Analysis of data (quantitative or qualitative) and preparation of final reports with the use of statistical software (eg SPSS, Mplus, Stata, R)
- Bachelor and / or postgraduate studies in applied statistical / quantitative survey methods or related subjects
- Experience in the organization and execution of survey research methods Writing skills both in Greek and English.
Previous research work experience in the following areas: face-to-face interviews, telephone surveys (sample preparation and CATI, CAWI, CAPI), barometers, panel surveys, and qualitative surveys. Past experience with European Social Survey (ESS) or similar pan-European surveys will be considered as an added advantage.
Terms of employment: The monthly cost of employment is set to € 1500 depending on qualifications
Employer's and employee's contributions will be deducted from the earnings. The research program does not provide 13th salary and health care.
Interested parties are requested to submit:
- Letter of interest and curriculum vitae in Greek or English
- Copies of diplomas and analytical grades
- Names of two persons from whom recommendations may be requested.
The above should be received by the Department of Psychology, at the address Department of Psychology University of Cyprus P.O. Box 20537 CY 1678, Nicosia Cyprus or sent electronically to email@example.com by 10/5/2019
For more information, interested parties may contact Dr. Charis Psaltis (tel: 22 892077) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.