Research Associate/Research Fellow in Evolutionary Analytics
1 day left
- Full Time
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM, pool and Indoor Sports Centre
- A strong commitment to staff development and learning
- A strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
- Location: Canberra, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
This role will be situated within the School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT). The engineering disciplines have close research collaborations promoting multidisciplinary research opportunities. Over recent years SEIT has produced more than 400 high impact research publications each year and continues to perform exceptionally in terms of research outputs and grant funding obtained through competitive funding opportunities as offered by the Australian Research Council, Industry partners and Defence, in addition to generous internal support provided by UNSW Canberra.
About the role
- Research Associate Level A: $93,578 to $100,090 pa (+17% super and leave loading) or Research Fellow Level B: $105,108 to $123,908 (+17% super and leave loading)
- Fixed term – 36 months starting ASAP
UNSW Canberra has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate in Evolutionary Analytics or a Research Fellow in Evolutionary Analytics. You will be a key member of the research team on the Australian Research Council Discovery Project “Robust Evolutionary Analytics for Changing and Uncertain Environments”. Your research will focus on the development of novel evolutionary algorithms for solving different decision-making problems under changing and uncertain environments. You will also have an opportunity to undertake teaching and supervise students research.
With the support of senior academics and the research team you will develop your research to be published in peer reviewed journals. You will also be required to travel to attend meetings related to your research both nationally and internationally as well as present your research findings at national and/or international conferences when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Operations Research, Optimisation, or related discipline
- Excellent programming, analytical, and communication (oral and academic writing) skills.
- A demonstrated track record in the field of evolutionary computation and/or design optimization; evidenced through high impact journal/conference publications in these research areas.
How to apply: If you want to continue your research in novel evolutionary algorithms in a collaborative and supportive environment please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria
Eugene Aves, Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (+61 2) 9385 3475
Professor Ruhul Sarker, Chief Investigator
T: +61 2 6268 8051
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Friday 24th May 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW Canberra
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Any questions about the application process - please contact Eugene Aves or email firstname.lastname@example.org