Research Laboratory Technician Senior / Intermediate / Associate
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
May assist in the training of new members of the team, including graduate and undergraduate students, on laboratory protocols and operations, and experimental procedures as well as provide assistance on experimentation and data analysis depending on the classification appointed to.
Perform experiments in cultured cells and mouse models to interrogate the regulation of signaling in cardiac cells with of a focus on the role if lipid modifications in dynamically controlling signaling protein function.
May assist with laboratory management and maintenance including ordering, equipment maintenance, and compliance with biosafety and animal protocols and other regulations depending on the classification appointed to.
Mouse colony management.
- Requirements for Senior level classification - Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of research experience.
- Requirements for Intermediate level classification - Associate’s degree in a biological science or related field and a minimum of 1 year of research experience, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requirements for Associate level classification - Associate’s degree in a biological science or related field and knowledge of laboratory techniques, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Requirements for all classification levels - Experience in biochemistry and/or molecular or cell biology techniques employed by the laboratory. Enthusiastic about research and highly motivated to learn, conduct research, and work as a team with other laboratory staff.
- Experience working with mouse models.
- Experience with experimental techniques employed in the laboratory, including biochemical and molecular analyses of cell and tissue samples, proteomics, immunocytochemistry, and/or investigation of GTPase signaling.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.