Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer / Lecturer in Health Sciences
THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
College of Health Sciences at Vin University is developing a competency-based education program that is aligned to the international standards of an accredited training program in USA and customized for the Vietnam health care context. The success of training programs will be measured through a series of USMLE designed examinations for medical graduates and NCLEX for nursing graduates. Technology will be integrated in the curricula of the College of Health Sciences at VinUni including online lectures, simulation-based education and re-design of classroom (Team-based learning). Clinical teaching site is Vinmec Times City Hospital with 500-bed which was first opened in Hanoi in 2012. To date, Vinmec has established 7 hospitals around the country. Vinmec plans to have at least 10 fully functioning hospitals by 2020. Since September 2016, Vinmec became “not-for-profit” private healthcare system. In June 2015, Vinmec Times City (Hanoi) became the first and only general hospital in Vietnam awarded with JCI accreditation. Vinmec Hospital Central Park (Ho Chi Minh City) was officially accredited with JCI in June 2017.
With the vision to become a leader in healthcare systems in Vietnam through developing good training programs for health care professionals, the College of Health Sciences at Vin University is recruiting entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members in all rank: Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Senior Lecturer and Lecturer for Bachelor Nursing Program, MD program and Residency Training Program (Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pediatrics). Especially, to prepare for the inaugural class of students in Fall 2020, the following full-time positions are open:
- Distinguished professors in the following fields, but not limited to Nursing, Cardiology, Oncology, Radiology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Hematology, Pulmonary
- Faculty – Nursing with teaching experience in Adult Nursing, Maternal and Child Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Nursing Administration, Medical English and Clinical Instructor.
- Faculty – Scientist or MD with teaching experience in Basic Medical Sciences and Public Health.
- Clinical Supervisors – active clinicians with teaching experience in Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Geriatrics, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Pulmonary, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Emergency Medicine, Hematology, ICU, Infectious Medicine, Oncology
The College of Health Sciences faculty members will be responsible for 03 major responsibilities of teaching, research and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track in alignment with international standards and practices.
- Teaching/ Clinical Instructing:
- Prepare detailed course outline and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the Course Outline provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures, homework assignments, labs, projects;
- Assess / Evaluate students / residents;
- Evaluate, revise and improve course at the end of semester;
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students;
- Conduct clinical instruction includes bedside teaching, outpatient teaching, direct observation, give feedbacks to residents, evaluation and assessment, didactics and lectures, modeling professionalism and self-care, processing and disclosing errors.
2. Research and creative works:
- Carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs;
- Obtain research funding;
- Participate in seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the college;
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, evaluation, revision and improvement of curricula;
- Mentor students;
- Participate in the administration of the college / programs;
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working group or committees as requested;
- Other activities as requested
A number of selected faculty will be sent to University of Pennsylvania for a professional development program to be appointed with higher faculty ranking according to UPenn’s standards.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Hold a master or doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Strong record of clinical experience.
- Experience in medical education including clinical teaching (experience in TBL, and high-fidelity simulation are preferred).
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Verbal communication skill in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in academic setting.
- Master a coherent, progressive and creative thinking; to have a spirit and passion for education; to be able to take prompt actions with determination and be ready to take on new challenges.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter explaining the interest in the position and relevant qualifications to email@example.com. Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning May 2019, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination including the candidate’s contact information to the Search Committee. The desired start date is June 2019 – June 2020, subject to negotiation.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefit in the compensation package and assist with accomodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: Employees arriving with children may have concerns about how their families will fit in with their new life in Vietnam. VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is child education allowance if your children study at Vinschools.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
More searches like this
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Professors / Chairs jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Vietnam
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Vietnam