Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This project aims to quantitatively assess the engine efficiency of convection. We have a numerical model that can simulate a single-phase convection flow in the presence of a small obstacle that extracts kinetic energy from the flow. We have found that the flow field naturally aims towards any obstacle present, hence maximizing the extracted work. In addition, the flow can act as a logical switch.
- Make additional model runs to test more cases of the convective flow
- Analyze the model outputs, plot figures and extract useful information
- Assist in write up a paper
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience using Python and Microsoft Word
- Experience plotting figures
- Interest in Astronomy and Astrobiology