Assist Occupational and Physical Therapist and Exercise Physiologist in the administration of supervised exercise programs for outpatients. Assist Occupational and Physical Therapists with two person techniques and some modalities. Clerical duties, inventory stock, and equipment maintenance duties.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills and effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete regular tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of therapists and patients with different impairments.
- Mechanical aptitude for adjusting and setting up equipment.
- Ability to multi task, anticipate needs and attend to detail is very important
Minimum High School graduation, further education desirable.
Prefer candidate to have career interest in Occupational or Physical Therapy.
This position is at Briarwood MedRehab OT PT. This is a 40 hour position, Monday thru Friday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.