Financial Systems Analyst Senior, Inter
Why Join Michigan Medicine Financial Systems Production Team?
We provide the leadership and oversight for the suite of financial products and applications used to support the financial reporting, planning and decision-making of the Michigan Medicine Finance Organization. In this role, you will lead the technical implementation of the annual budget process working in partnership with the members of Central Finance. You will also support the monthly financial reporting and change management efforts and lead ad hoc reporting and development projects.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to understand operational, analytics and reporting requirements and translate those into technical solutions. Ideal candidates are adaptable and willing to tackle a variety of tasks to improve operational efficiency of our technology stack and datasets, functioning with a high degree of independence and minimal day-to-day supervision to deliver projects in a timely and effective manner.
This job might be right for you if…
- Solving business analytics needs with technology sounds exciting
- Want to work in a collaborative environment and experience the value of working within a strong team
- You love problem solving and making new discoveries
- You thrive in dynamic working environments
- Working in ambiguity and crafting business solutions that are novel to the organization sounds stimulating
- You pay very close attention to detail
- You can thrive while working in both team and individual settings
- You are adaptable to changing conditions and you maintain a high level of focus/energy
- You feel confident offering support and expressing ideas to leadership
What Perks and Benefits Can We Offer?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Short and long term disability plans
- Tremendous team support and professional development
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
- Partner with requestors on monthly and annual hierarchy, statistics, and budget process updates
- Analyze request for adherence to our “one version of the truth” philosophy, as well as impact to application and technical processes.
- Understand the impact of the requested change on business/technical processes, and ensure that key stakeholders are informed and are in agreement
- Work with application programmers to make modifications and build business rules in Oracle Planning Budget Cloud Service (PBCS) application.
- Perform rigorous testing to ensure proper performance prior to go-live of budget
- Annual and monthly statistic and metric updates
- Strive to improve change management processing, by ‘thinking creatively’
- Ensure data quality and consistency throughout our production applications (Oracle EPM - Essbase, PBCS, EPBCS and OBIEE).
- QA and Production data tie outs for monthly processing in all applications
- Tie out general ledger back to PeopleSoft (source system) monthly in QA and production environments for all application
- Work with technical team on monthly tie out processing and implement new processes to make processes more efficient
- Assist and educate Oracle EPM - Essbase, PBCS, EPBCS and OBIEE end-users to improve consumption and manipulation of data
- Define new process and procedures, documenting and implementation plans
- Work with Development Team to integrate new processes/solutions into standard production processes.
- Report and Query Building for internal and external customers using tools such as Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle OBIEE, Hyperion Financial Reporting and Tableau
- Support upgrades and special projects within Financial Systems as well as Michigan Medicine Finance
- Support compliance efforts across organization
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems or related field
- Experience developing and consolidating financial budgets
- Ability to assess competing priorities, manage workflow and meet operational deadlines
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong written, and verbal interpersonal skills
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills for building effective relationships
- Intermediate Level
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Senior Level
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience in Oracle Essbase, Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) or Oracle OBIEE
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion Planning or Oracle Cloud applications including PBCS or EPBCS
- Able to design and document business process mappings
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Solid experience with data and database principles
- Experience working with clinical healthcare data
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products; demonstrated use of the advanced features of the Office suite
- Reasonable experience in effectively communicating complex technical concepts and information to a wide range of users
- Experience with query, report writing, and data visualization tools
This is a full-time, 40 hour/week exempt position. Your schedule will typically be 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
2101 Commonwealth Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI 48167
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.