Research Services Manager, Domain Hub
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
The role of the Research Hub is to support College research funding activities in order to achieve research excellence and drive research outcomes for the University. The Research Services Manager is responsible for the delivery of research services, contribution to and implementation of research strategy for the College of Health and Medicine (CHM).
This exciting role provides the opportunity to make a difference by supporting cutting edge health and medicine research and facilitating the development and submission of high quality and competitive funding applications (grant, fellowship, contract research, clinical trials and consultancy).
Reporting to the Manager (Strategic Research Funding), you will work in collaboration with the Associate Deans of Research in the development and implementation of College research funding programs and initiatives that support research excellence.
- Responsible for operational management of the Research Hub human resources, budget, systems and business processes.
- Accountable for College pre-award research funding to increase its competitive grant, contract research and consultancy income to meet the College’s research strategy and funding objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of the College research funding programs and strategy, communications and best practice support services.
- Maintain appropriate links with major funding bodies and relevant external stakeholders to ensure sector and best practice knowledge concerning pre-award research management and funding.
- In collaboration with the College and Research Division stakeholders, design, facilitate and implement research development activities to support HDRs and academics achieve research excellence in research development and funding.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A university degree, ideally at postgraduate level, or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education training
- Demonstrated experience in delivering professional, client focused services to a range of stakeholders, including developing and implementing best practice programs.
- Proven experience in developing and managing a high-performance team with a strong focus on meeting organisational objectives and striving for continuous improvement.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing a range of research development initiatives, including developing and implementing funding strategies and plans, and support.
- Demonstrated superior project management skills and organisational skills with a proven track record of working successfully in team and with a high degree of autonomy to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $128,604 comprising base salary within the range of $93,771 to $109,918 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Tania Lado Insua, Manager (Strategic Research Funding), Tania.LadoInsua@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 5522.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Wednesday, 15 May, 2019, 11:55 pm