Laboratory Research Analyst, Hematologic Malignancies and Cell Therapy
- The collection, processing, and storage of all samples including but not limited to blood and skin swabs.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of all samples collected in complex database system.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for the processes of the lab. Maintain statistical database of sample collection for inclusion/exclusion concepts.
- Handling, breeding and maintain mice in an established colony- includes skills in animal husbandry; animal identification and tracking (ear punch and/or tail tagging).
- Harvesting samples for histology for later use in sample sequencing.
- This includes but isn’t limited to ordering of the mice and mice and supplies for the experiments, daily (including weekends) tracking of the mouse colonies, compiling the experimental data for data analysis.
- Oversee the setup and design of the mouse experiments as new employees have been added to the projects and need proper training and supervision.
- Evaluate and interpret collected mouse data to prepare graph, tables,and charts for statistical analysis of data.
- Confer experimental results with PI in determining specific experiments to be included in research protocol, meta data and to discuss the interpretation of results.
- Use the collected data and graphs for presentations given to multiple labs periodically for experimental updates and research project growth.
- Train, and instruct students and/or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures in both the clinical research and the mouse research work that is performed within the lab.
- Maintaining inventory of materials, supplies, and equipment for the daily operations of the lab to ensure proper preparation of culture media, chemicals, reagents, and solutions.
Strongly preferred qualifications:
Mouse handling, flow cytometry, assay development, sample processing,database maintenance, radioisotope experience
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology, psychology or other directly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master's degree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., a two year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE