Physician Assistant, Duke Neurosurgery
Works directly under the supervision of the attending physician for the Duke Neurosciences of Raleigh Group in order to extend the practice’s reach and enhance patient services.
- Clinic Support: patient examinations, development and execution of treatment plans, collecting patient histories, documenting progress notes, educating patients on medications and surgical procedures, ordering diagnostic and laboratory testing.
- Surgical Support: support physician in OR by assisting with cases, educating patients and families before/after cases, placing orders
- Administrative Duties: attending service-specific meetings/trainings, training onboarding support staff in duties directly supporting clinicians, participate in individual quality and safety training
- Performance Improvement: Assist in improvement of balanced scorecard metrics through active engagement and participation in PI activities; makes recommendations to leadership on improvement strategies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience in Neurosurgery and ambulatory care preferred.
Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program. A Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Must be licensed in the state of NC, and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period oftime.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Family Level I1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program. A Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree strongly preferred.
None required above education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE