Staff Specialist, Peds
Provide administrative support of the Bull City Fit program and related Healthy Lifestyles projects. Perform excellent service to Bull City Fit participants, student staff, volunteers, and Healthy Lifestyles team. Provide financial, organizational and administrative support to Healthy Lifestyles/ Bull City Fit.
This position will report to the Medical Director for Healthy Lifestyles and Bull City Fit for all duties related to Healthy Lifestyles/ Bull City Fit. Performance reviews will be done by the Division Administrator with input from the Healthy Lifestyles Medical Director.
BULL CITY FIT ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT 50%
- Support the HL/BCF medical director with expanding BCF activities
- Work with Durham Parks and Recreation staff as a liasion to the medical team
- Conduct needs assessments as directed by the HL/BCF medical director
- Assist with literature reviews, grant writing and manuscript writing as needed
- Organize meetings and space as directed by HL/BCF medical director
- Support local BCF sites to: o conduct volunteer recruitment and training at Duke and area universities
- Manage staff and volunteer schedules to ensure daily coverage at Bull City Fit
- Coordinate daily programming schedules and revise, update as needed
- Check and respond to messages in the BCF email inbox and voice mail
- Assist with event planning – prepare flyers, reserve space, order food, help with set-up/ take-down
- Purchase, pick up and transport supplies as needed
- Create flyers and other handouts as needed
- Compile and maintain BCF curricula documents
- Maintain inventory of BCF program supplies – clean, organize, submit repair request as needed
- Process purchasing expenses for Bull City Fit and other Healthy Lifestyles/Obesity Research initiatives
BULL CITY FIT ON-SITE SUPPORT 50%
- Serve as lead on-site staff at Bull City Fit at WD Hill, coordinating schedules and program changes
- Staff liaison with Durham Parks and Recreation on-site staff
- Facilitate BCF activities for participants
- Ensure BCF safety and incident reporting protocols are followed
- Oversee enrollment of new members into the BCF program
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Preference will be given to candidates who speak Spanish and who have experience working with children.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires two years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization, communications and research practices. A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and experience requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE