Research Officer, College of Asia and the Pacific
Classification: ANU Officer 5/6 (Research)
Salary package: $70,078 to $82,651
Terms: Full-time, fixed term (up to 30 April 2020)
- Work at the cutting edge of research on gender and poverty
- Join a small but dynamic research team
- Work in a beautiful campus environment on the city's doorstep
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
Crawford School of Public Policy is Australia’s premier public policy school, with recognised world-class expertise and experience in economics, political science, environmental management and development, and on key Asia-Pacific countries.
This is an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Research Officer to join a dynamic team, working at the cutting edge of research on gender and poverty. The Individual Deprivation Measure (IDM) is a new, gender-sensitive, multidimensional measure of poverty at the level of the individual. It was developed through a four-year, multidisciplinary international research collaboration led by the ANU and funded by the Australian Research Council. The Crawford School is now housing the next phase of the IDM development, in collaboration with the International Women’s Development Agency and funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade. The IDM Program is further refining the IDM as a highly innovative measure, which will contribute to addressing the global gender data gap. It is based on a challenging but highly rewarding research program, including IDM studies in several countries.
The successful candidate will have the ability to undertake complex literature and online publication reviews, with a strong understanding of gender analysis, the ability to write clearly and persuasively, and an interest in poverty measurement.
This position is a fixed term appointment to 30 April 2020.
For further information, please contact Professor Sharon Bessell: Sharon.Bessell@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 5 May 2019
Position description: Research Officer.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Economics & Econometrics Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Politics & International Studies Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Business & Economics Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Canberra