Duty station: Naryn, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
Deadline: May 3rd, 2019 (position is open until filled)
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The Housekeeping Coordinator will be responsible for supervision of large group of housekeeping staff in activities to ensure cleanliness, orderliness, and attractive conditions of building interiors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and coordinates cleaning activities ensuring housekeeping quality standards are maintained;
- Determines work priorities, plans, schedules, assigns and inspects work. Trains and evaluates assigned personnel;
- Routinely inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment; submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space;
- Resolving any staff and student problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed;
- Supervises the removal and transport of refuse from assigned areas to appropriate disposal location;
- responsibility for coordinating the offsite cleaning and forward the charges on to the relevant department;
- Manage the in-house laundry service, including the turnaround of bedroom laundry, providing an efficient service;
- Liaise with the maintenance team, work with handyman to fix issues and when required to report any maintenance issues;
- Ensures adequate supplies, materials and equipment are maintained in department; initiates and/or prepares all documentation related to purchase transactions, selects vendors, and manages the ordering process;
- Attend the planning meetings – ensuring that the programmed cleaning service reflects the business requirement for the ahead;
- Ensure the Health & Safety requirements are adhered to by the housekeeping staff, by interprets and translates University policies to team and enforces safety regulations;
- Immediately reporting and documenting to management any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures;
- To order, maintain and review cleaning materials and stock within the housekeeping department and present reports on a monthly basis;
- Must be available for "On-Call Duty";
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of 2 years in a housekeeping role with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Experience of running a laundry is desirable;
- Previous experience of similar work in a commercial or hotel setting of a comparable standard is an asset;
- Successful candidate must be able to speak, read and write in English and Russian. An understanding of the local language is a benefit.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required
- Knowledge record keeping requirements;
- Knowledge of MS Office software programs;
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and high accuracy;
- Proven strong communication and negotiation skills, and client orientation, good listening skills;
- The ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and with on and off campus contacts;
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of motivation, tact and diplomacy; use independent judgment and priority setting; good listening and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to focus on multiple tasks, deadlines and exercising initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently;
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3rd, 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Housekeeping Coordinator”. Applications will be reviewed when received, and the position is open until filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.