Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Science, Engineering and Health
- Mathematical simulations for real world engineering applications
- Shared position between DST Group and RMIT
- Attractive Salary + Superannuation, Flexible Working Arrangements, Additional University Holidays
This position is funded by a grant from Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group - Maritime Division. You will work with the supervisor to support DST Group's contribution to the future submarine program by conducting high quality research, development and management as part of the DST Group Submarine Dynamics and Control team. You will work between DST Group and RMIT premises in Melbourne and be given a workspace and laboratory access.
- Conduct active and high-quality research for the DST Group in the areas of submarine dynamics and control while working closely with a research team under the supervision of the project leader
- Liaise with the DST Group managers to ensure that the research and development activities are in line with the group requirements
- Prepare and submit high quality milestone reports to fulfil the contractual requirements of this grant
- Prepare and publish high quality articles in internationally recognised journals
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and other agencies.
Skills & Experience Required
- Be an Australian citizen and be eligible to obtain defence security clearance
- Hold a PhD degree in one of the following discipline areas: Mathematics, Mechatronics, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical with a control theory background
- Have demonstrated academic and/or industry experiences in fluid mechanics, simulation and control for engineering applications
- Established track record in publishing high quality journal articles in ERA referenced journals and conferences
- Demonstrated research experience in developing mathematical simulations for real world engineering applications.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Free access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
For a confidential discussion, please contact Asha Rao on +61 3 9925 2325 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 575962.
Applications close on Sunday 5th May 2019.
You will address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.