Closing date: 23/04/2019
Salary: £18,000 - £19,500
Employment type: Permanent
Department: School of Health
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to start on 1st May
The Clinic Receptionist's role is to answer the College switchboard, ensure the smooth running of the Student and Private Chiropractic Clinics, to be the main point of contact for external callers and visitors and to provide administrative support on an ad hoc basis.
- Welcome patients and deal with them efficiently.
- This includes making appointments, answering queries and incoming telephone calls.
- Contact with patients and students who do not attend clinics.
- Being responsible for the clinic float and petty cash.
- Maintain the Patient Record filing system
- This includes updating addresses, pulling patient notes before clinic and filing patient notes after Clinic.
- Ensure that all correspondence to GPs is sent promptly.
- Ensure the Patient Database is kept up to date.
- Welcome visitors to the College
- This includes ensuring visitors receive a professional impression of the College.
- Ensure that visitors sign the Visitors Book.
- Liaise with the Clinic Manager on matters relating to clinic organisation and running
- Deal with mail when necessary
- Opening post, booking in it and distributing it to the relevant person as appropriate
- Completing the postal system book, franking and posting
- Maintain utmost confidentiality with regard to Clinic matters and correspondence opened in Reception
- Training of other reception staff as required, and liaison with weekend staff to ensure the smooth running of the reception area
- Creation of statistics on a monthly basis (clinic report forms, new patient numbers and yearly statistics).
- Maintaining and updating the Supervisor & Reception rotas on a regular basis, ensuring that these areas are covered at all times
- Assist in maintaining a clean and tidy reception/patient waiting area.
- Provide secretarial and general support to the Administration functions, as required.
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality
- Be aware of the patient’s right to confidentiality and the relevant laws regarding this.
- Assist in the maintenance of Security
- This includes being observant of the waiting area at all times
- Ensuring that unauthorised persons are unable to gain entrance to the premises
- Alerting the appropriate personnel if you are in doubt
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Significant receptionist and administrative experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Highly organised with the ability to plan workload to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Access, and Excel
- Experience of working in a clinical setting
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check and basic DBS