Senior Advisor, Learning and Teaching
6 days left
- Full Time
- Work in a progressive and innovative environment
- Provide expert learning & teaching consultancy
- $111,645 per annum + 17% super, Full-time, ongoing position
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, quality teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students, getting them ready for life and work. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
As one of the largest Business Schools in the Asia Pacific region, the College of Business is comprised of seven schools - six in Melbourne and one in Vietnam - delivering a broad range of programs in Business, ranging from Certificates up to PHD levels. Many programs articulate between Vocational Education and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study.
The Senior Advisor, Learning & Teaching will engage in learning and teaching strategic projects and initiatives in the College of Business. Passionate about the student experience, you will provide expert learning and teaching consultancy, advice and implementation support in program and course development, improvement and quality, and leadership in educational design and development, and in managing projects.
- Lead educational development projects and drive initiatives to improve pedagogy and quality in the College of Business
- Provide specialised learning and teaching advice and professional development to academic and teaching staff
- Provide leadership and advice on University policy and regulations, national and international standards, and strategic directions in learning and teaching
- Manage relationships with Schools and other stakeholders in program and course design and renewal leading to effective implementation of change
- Attend and contribute as a team member to meetings and initiatives and respond appropriately to administrative requests
Skills & Experience
- High level of stakeholder management experience
- Exposure to, and experience with learning theory and learning design
- Extensive experience in learning and teaching, educational development and instructional design in a tertiary environment with multichannel and transnational operations
- Demonstrated ability to lead, implement, manage and evaluate learning and teaching projects and teams
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex information and apply policies procedures and systems in relation to programs and quality
- Demonstrated excellent communication, relationship building and change management skills to effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, both autonomously and co-operatively as a team member
- Highly motivated and pro-active with a proven track record in delivering responsive service and advice to academic and teaching staff
A postgraduate qualification in an area relevant to the position such as education, education management, management or another relevant field.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to free wellness & fitness classes
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please see Position Description below, or contact Susan Trigg on (03) 9925 1378.
Applications close on Wednesday 1 May, 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
We kindly request that we are not accepting agency enquiries for this role
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.