Postdoctoral Fellow, Water
You will conduct research in the area of water recycling, risk management, mechanical reliability, and project feasibility independently and as part of a team. This is a hands-on opportunity to deliver on research projects that involve performing site visits, data collection, designing experiments, selecting analytical techniques, and proposing recommendations and mitigative strategies based on findings from collected data analysed.
This position of Postdoctoral Fellow reports directly to A/Prof. Pierre Le-Clech and has no direct reports.
- Salary: $93,578 - $100,090 (AUD) + 9.5% superannuation + leave loading
- 18 month fixed term contract
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
You will work as part of the UNESCO Centre for Membrane Science and Technology (UCMST), within the School of Chemical Engineering
About the successful applicant:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Chemical Engineering.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Experience in water research and connections with industry
- Track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Good skills in team work and collaboration
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in conducting fieldwork, operating and maintaining pilot plants, and off-site sample/data collection.
- Experience with collaborating with industry partners and developing engineering solutions based on technical and financial feasibility studies.
- Valid driver’s licence and Occupational Health and Safety White card accreditation.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description attached below.
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 9385 2459
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Wednesday 1st May 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.