Research Associate in Epidemiology
3 years, fixed term, full time
$69,800 - $94,576 (ALA) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
School of Public Health
The School of Public Health at Curtin University is recognised internationally as a leader in Public Health education and research. The School offers undergraduate programs and units in, Health Promotion, Nutrition, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Occupational Health and Safety, Health Information Management and Health Sciences.
Postgraduate teaching and supervision of Higher Degree by Research students is provided in Health Promotion, Sexology, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health, Dietetics, Epidemiology, Health Administration, Health Communication, Health Policy and Management, Health Service Management, and Public Health. The School is involved in research, consultancy and commercial activities in all areas of Public Health, but particularly in the areas directly related to current programs.
Your new role
A new and exciting research opportunity is available for a highly motivated research academic at the School of Public Health, in the area of Epidemiology.
As a post-doctoral Research Fellow, you will undertake high quality research using both birth cohort studies and health administrative datasets to produce new evidence in maternal and child health. As part of this role you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating project operations - including negotiating processes for linked data.
- Preparing ethics applications and undertaking statistical analyses.
- Writing and preparing manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Monitoring and management of projects.
- Developing and on-going maintenance of study protocols, research ethics and data applications.
- Implementing and coordinating a communication plan with the key stakeholders.
- Co-supervising PhD students conducting research within the research group.
To view the role’s Position Description, please visit https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN667
You will bring to the role
- Progress towards a doctoral qualification in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or Public Health.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics or biostatistics e.g., generalised linear models.
- Demonstrated competency in a range of quantitative research tasks.
- Experience using statistical software for health, medical or epidemiological research, and experience in querying, analysing and linking large databases.
- High level organisation skills and experience in managing projects, timelines and communication plans.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer you
The Faculty of Health Sciences offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- Conducting innovative work that will make real-world differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
Please send us through a curriculum vitae, and cover letter. In addition, you are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria listed above in the ‘You will bring to the role’ section. Please keep your response to less than 4 pages.
Applications close: 5 pm, Friday, 17th May 2019
How to Apply: To be considered for the role, please apply via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN667
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more https://healthsciences.curtin.edu.au/schools/public-health/
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Professor Rosa Alati – Head of School, School of Public Health
Phone: 08 9266 5214
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Associate jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Associate jobs in Perth