Skills Development Coach, Financial Services
3 days left
- Full Time
Closing date: 24/04/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Professional Apprenticeships
As a Skills Development Coach, provide coaching and support to apprentices predominantly via telephone and liaise with employers to ensure they complete the requirements of their apprenticeship on time, making assessment decisions on their competence where appropriate. The key elements of the role are to provide a high level of professional advice and support to our apprentices and their employers and will be measured by success rates.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure apprentices fully understand the learning requirements of their apprenticeship in regards to knowledge, skills and behaviours, functional skills and end point assessment.
- Carry out regular reviews with apprentices to monitor progress against key milestones, learning assessments and 20% off the job training as outlined in the apprenticeship learning plan.
- Assess whether apprentices are ready to enter gateway and support them to prepare for their end point assessment.
- Ensure apprentice information is kept up to date in the relevant folders, OneFile and on the virtual learning environment.
- Respond to apprentice queries and provide feedback on submissions within agreed SLAs.
- Work with IQA team to ensure all quality assurance requirements are met.
- Provide MI against performance support KPIs on success rates for internal and external (client) reports.
- Ensure target retention and completion rates for apprenticeships are met.
- Follow all required performance support and end point assessment processes.
Any other duties or projects in support of the Programme Leader or Performance Manager.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job
- Detailed understanding of apprenticeships, the end-to-end learning journey, assessment and skills coaching practices, quality assurance and programme MI.
- Industry experience and or professional qualifications related to the discipline of the apprenticeship (i.e. CII – IF1/2 for an Insurance position and the PBC for Banking)
- TAQA Level 3 Assessors Award preferred but not essential.
- Functional Skills at Level 2 preferred, but not essential.
- Coaching experience.
- Experience of performance support and assessment operational processes.
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check