Data Cloud Specialist
Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Information Technology)
Salary package: $97,812 - $104,717 per annum plus 17% superannuation Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent funded)
The Cloud Infrastructure Administrator will play a pivotal role in developing and supporting NCI’s cloud service that provides flexible on-demand infrastructure for cloud and data-intensive activities, supporting priorities in climate science and the environment, earth observation, geophysics, astronomy, the life sciences, and the social sciences.
This position reports to the NCI HPC and Cloud Manager, and will:
- Undertake key tasks in relation to the planning, configuration and management of the large-scale hybrid-technology platforms, including systems and software, filesystems, network operations, performance and reliability management, accounting and reporting functions.
- Configure, install and support complex tools and services that utilise the OpenStack cloud
Skills and Experience
- Experience in installation, configuration, management, monitoring and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix distributions.
- Experience in network configuration, management and troubleshooting
- Experience in scripting language(s) such as bash, python or perl.
- Deep understanding of virtualised environments under Linux/Unix. Knowledge of OpenStack cloud platform is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
For further information please contact Amanda Walker
T: 02 6125 9804
Closing date: 5 May 2019
Position description: Data Cloud Specialist.doc
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.