Manager, Executive Education
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $114,510 - $121,546 pa HEW Level 09 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
Monash Business School is one of the world’s leading Business Schools with its graduates occupying positions of influence and leadership across the globe. The School’s Leadership and Executive Education (LEE) group is a dynamic and fast-paced portfolio delivering bespoke, future-focused and transformational executive education programs to industry and government.
An exciting opportunity in this growing team awaits the right candidate.
We need an upbeat, collaborative strategic thinker to oversee the delivery of Monash Business School’s suite of premium executive education programs. As Manager Executive Education, you will be integral to the expansion of the School’s executive education portfolio in both the domestic and international markets.
As a trusted adviser to, and working closely with, the Director of Executive Education, you’ll help set and execute the operational plan that will deliver the Executive Education strategy.
You will oversee all aspects of planning and delivering our suite of custom and open-enrolment programs – from concept and creation, deploying resources, converting leads, to program completion and evaluation.
You’ll lead and develop a highly-trained, motivated and efficient team with a strong client focus; you’ll help them ensure that we deliver programs of excellence on time and on budget, and that delight our clients. Your can-do attitude means you readily embrace the dynamic environment, pivoting and re-allocating resources based on changing business drivers and demands.
Your outstanding interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills will serve you well as you manage the myriad of relationships with internal and external stakeholders: program directors, internal and external faculty, suppliers and other partners.
Your business management experience and analytical skills will be critical in setting up and managing contractual agreements, managing the department’s budget, and ensuring compliance and regular ongoing reporting requirements are achieved.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to strategic planning and managing achievement of business unit objectives
- Overseeing overall operations of Executive Education team and providing leadership and expert advice
- Overseeing Executive Education marketing and recruitment activities to ensure a secure pipeline for open and tailored programs
- Initiating and managing significant strategic Executive Education projects
- Strong budget management, including preparing and overseeing program budgets, and developing systems for monitoring and reporting on revenue and profit
You will need:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or commensurate program experience and experience leading teams
- A curiosity for and track record of following the latest findings from the world of business and leadership
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- A proven ability to develop and execute program and project plans
- A proven ability to manage complex programs of work
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes competing priorities
- The demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong business writing skills
- Excellent communication, listening and relationship management skills
Our environment will offer you many benefits, including a competitive salary, a friendly and supportive team, and opportunities for training and development. This challenging role will deliver great rewards to the right applicant.
This role is a full-time position requiring occasional work out-of-hours. Some (occasional and light) travel may also be required.
If this sounds like the right place and position for you, then we want to hear from you!
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position requires the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
To apply for this position:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on “How to apply for Monash Jobs”.
Your cover letter must reference or address your ability/experience in the below:
- Experience in executive education and/or a learning and development environment
- Management experience and capability, including overseeing operations and staff management experience
- Excellent relationship management and consulting skills
Ms Helen Spittle, Senior Leadership and Executive Education Services Manager, Monash Business School, +61 3 9903 2001
Tuesday 7 May 2019; 11:55 pm AEST