Perform administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency of departmental or divisional office operations.
- Continuing Medical Education Conference support, Graduation Ceremonies,Special Events.
- Work closely with staff specialist to coordinate event logistics, manage registration, create name tags, gather bio and business cards for each speaker, prepare gifts for speakers, prepare sign in sheets,evaluations, and credit request forms.
- Maintain faculty, fellows, and resident disclosures. Set up and sand support conferences on site.
- Process vendor payments and assist with budget reconciliation.
- Conference Room Management, scheduling, requests for EVS, AV support,grounds, and maintenance.
- Manage vendor exhibit shipments incoming and outgoing.
- Meet with Duke Departments for rental of DUEC conference rooms.
- Oversee outside rentals to ensure renter is following proper protocol.
- Process contract and rental fees.
- Manage all aspects retirement / farewell events for the department.
Weekly Schedule / Weekly Resident Meetings
- Manage and facilitate the departmental calendars (weekly & master).
- Work with staff assistants to identify national and international meetings.
- Add dates to SharePoint calendar identifying calendar conflicts.
- Prepare weekly schedule for distribution.
- Arrange all catering for resident meetings and assist others with catering requests for department meetings, set up catered events and manage clean up.
- Update Events at Duke website.
- Visiting Science Professor, Bryan Lectures, Chairman Guest Lectures
- Arrange hotel accommodations, transportation to and from airports.
- Make reservations for breakfast / lunch / speaker dinners.
- Arrange catering for lecture reception,Arrange AV team support, EVS, and grounds.
- Order recognition gift and honorarium.
- Assist director with escorting guests to meetings.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments and meetings for supervisor.
- Develop and maintain resident files and event information.
- Keep calendar and update weekly. Maintain stock of supplies to ensure sufficient quantities on hand.
- Manage and distribute information within office. Place orders for supplies and services.
- Proofread documents for accuracy.
- Sort and distribute mail for CME/GME Program Coordinator, Residents,and Clinical Fellows.
- Prepare necessary documents for supervisor's
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies using Buy@Duke.
- Communicate with Director regarding cost centers for supplies.
- Manage resident’s files, 360 Evaluations, and all resident documents according to ACACGME protocol.
Department Staff Assistant Back-up
- Occasionally provide backup to Staff Assistants in Department during times of high volume, vacation, etc.
- Assist in calling patients to cancel appointments or answer phones.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
This is not intended to bean exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE