Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Computer Science
- Preferred focus on Cybersecurity and Health/Biomedical Analytics
- 2018 QS University Rankings by discipline ranked RMIT in the top 100 globally for Computer Science & Information System
- $115,972 - $153,844 + 17% Super, Flexible Working Arrangements, Additional University Holidays
This role will lead and/or support the teaching and research efforts of the Computer Science discipline with the key focus areas including Cybersecurity and Health/Biomedical Analytics. You will have the opportunity to be actively involved in research and consulting while making a significant contribution to the delivery of programs.
You will drive the teaching agenda by crafting, conducting and moderating assessment; whilst implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback. You will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that align to the University's research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs. You will also have an important research leadership role in embedding your research expertise into the life of the School and will be required to develop high-quality, productivity networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in coordinating courses and preparing and delivering into RMIT's Computer Science programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Capability in delivering core Computer Science and programming courses, with the added value of delivering courses in Software Engineering/Software Systems
- An emerging internationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets
- Finally, a track record in a Computer Science teaching and research area pertinent to Cybersecurity or Health/Biomedical Analytics would be highly valued.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Free access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lawrence Cavedon on +61 3 9925 2325 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 572134.
Applications close on Wednesday 15th May 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.