Research Fellow in Coastal Marine Ecosystem Research Centre
- Fixed Term (until 31.12.23), Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Gladstone
- Total Remuneration $140,098 to $161,106 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $118,385 to $136,137 plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
It’s exciting times for CQUniversity with the recent launch of the Coastal Marine Ecosystem Research Centre (CMERC) at the Gladstone Marina campus. This role is your chance to make innovative discoveries in marine science and to form strong, meaningful connections with industry, all in the heart of Central Queensland at one of Australia’s fastest growing Universities – this is your chance to make a real difference.
CMERC will provide a multi-faceted, high profile marine and freshwater science capability in Central Queensland focused on the Southern Great Barrier Reef and its river catchments to meet existing regional, national and international challenges. CMERC will give the region a strong platform from which to meet knowledge gaps associated with the sustainability and stewardship of the marine environment. Collaborative research will support the health and functionality of the Central Queensland marine and coastal environments, including the Port of Gladstone which lies within the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
You will play a major role in building a research culture at CMERC and driving its research growth and success, while exercising your leadership and collegial skills.
You new role:
- Making independent or original contributions towards the research effort of CMERC.
- Working with marine ecologists, engineers and local environmental managers in an industrialised port within the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area, to assess the value of remediation and positive management measures.
You will have:
- Demonstrated ability to engage in research areas of research strength and a willingness to engage in sourcing and obtaining external grants and contracts.
- Proven ability to undertake comprehensive investigative research work, demonstrated expertise and skill in research methods including analysis, interpretation of statistics and preparation of research reports and papers.
- Advanced qualifications and/or recognised significant experience in the discipline area. A position at this level will normally require a doctoral qualifications or equivalent accreditation and standing, evidenced by an extensive research publication record.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and in multidisciplinary teams as well as providing guidance and oversight of others involved in project-based work.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday, 12 May 2019
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33080
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.