Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. RMIT's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. The Research and Innovation Portfolio oversees research and research training across the University through the development and implementation of RMIT University's strategic research priorities and managing research systems and reporting requirements. The portfolio supports the research activity of staff and student researchers with professional development, collaboration and funding opportunities, ethics and responsible conduct compliance, contract development, intellectual property, project completions and profiling.
The Associate Deputy Vice Chancellor / Executive Director Research Partnerships and Translation will
- Lead the strategic growth agenda for RMIT's Research partnerships, translation and commercialisation activities utilising external benchmarking and trends to enhance and develop RMIT's ecosystem for research partnerships, translation and commercialisation across the enterprise.
- Ensure the identification of strategic research translation opportunities with industry, government and peak bodies to create university and partner value.
- Lead the overall strategic development and deployment of opportunities, partnering with key internal and external stakeholders, to develop solutions to industry needs in research associated areas.
- Provide high-level strategic advice on emerging trends relevant to government and industry in order to inform University best practice and opportunities with the development and delivery of future initiatives.
- Oversee the development of the IP strategy and policies and deliver education and training to improve the university's IP commercialisation performance.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research and Innovation's Leadership team and wider Portfolio, driving collaboration, workforce engagement and performance.
The successful candidate will possess extensive experience and excellence in research partnering, translation and commercialisation leadership, strong management and strategic planning experience and will have a proven track record in fostering growth by driving research partnerships and translation plans that lead to successful outcomes. Experience in leading research partnership and translation strategy that delivers innovative, business-focussed solutions, and the ability to make pragmatic assessments of research related commercial opportunities and proposals is essential. Highly developed internal and external stakeholder skills, strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, as well as strong networking, partnering and relationship building skills are critical to your success.
For a confidential discussion or to request a copy of the Candidate Information Booklet, please contact Betty Kuras on +61 3 9653 9599 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5 May 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.