Senior Lecturer in Early Childhood Education
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $123,534 - $142,440 (Level C)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic - Full time - 17% super
- Join Australia's Number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia’s education system. MGSE’s Master of Teaching courses utilise a clinical teaching model which links academic theory with classroom practice.
About the role
The MGSE is seeking to fill a Senior Lecturer, Early Childhood Education position. The successful candidate will lead teaching, research and engagement in the area of early childhood education from birth to 8 years and initial-teacher education courses. The position is expected to make a significant contribution to the teaching and engagement responsibilities of the position as the Master of Teaching (Early Childhood) Course Coordinator and be an expert in research and scholarship in the field of Early Childhood Education. The Senior Lecturer position is also required to provide leadership in, and contribute strongly to, the MGSE’s programs including the Master of Teaching (Early Childhood/Early Years), and other related Master level subjects, as necessary.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have a strong track record in teaching and research and scholarship in the field of early childhood education;
- Have demonstrated experience in the design and leadership of innovative Early Childhood Programs;
- Have a strong track record of attracting funding for research and development activities in the field of early childhood;
- Have high level skills in leading and engaging colleagues in teaching, and professional collaborations in a changing environment;
- Have experience in the supervision of research higher degrees (RHD) students;
- Have high level skills of innovation, problem-solving and project management;
- Be expected to contribute to government policy through dissemination of evidence-based research and to respond appropriately to government and systemic initiatives.
- Take a leadership role within the Graduate School including the provision of mentoring and guidance to staff engaged in teaching and research that is aligned to your area/s of expertise.
- Be familiar with current developments and policy debates relating to early childhood education in schools.
A contribution to the community is also expected either through involvement in professional networks, associations and/or the provision of professional development or other such activities.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to:
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid 'Working with Children Check'.
Advertised: 15 Apr 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 14 May 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time