Senior Planning and Resources Coordinator
- Full-time, permanent opportunities
- Play a key role in planning & implementing project within the School & Colleges
- Work in strategically located city campus with modern facilities
- Report directly to Manager of Planning & Resources
- Lead a team of 5 professional staff
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.
The Senior Coordinator, Planning & Resources play a meaningful role to manage the Schools operations, its initiatives and to ensure project is plan and implement effectively. You will also play an integral role in coordinating staff workloads with specific partners and coordinating casual/sessional staff engagement, pay process and responsible for all complex enquiries within the School. In addition, you will be responsible to engage and build relationship across multi-disciplinary professional and academic staff as well as to initiate the success of the School by delivering and influencing of specific accountabilities, tasks and relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee scheduling of staff workloads to ensure effective utilisation of staffing needs of the School, College and University
- Build influential relationship and collaborate with Manager of Planning & Resources as well as professional and academic staff members to resolve and share information, ideas and methodology for continuous improvement to meet School strategic planning and initiatives
- Contribute, design and ensure information and insights deliver via internal digital communications is accurate and consistent to support staff
- Initiate, lead and run projects and other tasks that focus on School strategic demand and initiatives
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified and/or relevant working experience in internal staffing planning and resources
- Possess excellent communications and written skills that includes the ability to influence and collaborate with wide range of professionals internally as well as externally
- Proven operational, project and change management experience
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated experience in navigating complex situations through creative solutions
- Passion and ability to lead and deliver change management within the organisation
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret data through report writing and the use of policies & procedures to achieve School initiatives
One of the fantastic things about working with RMIT is the access to staff benefits.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Discounted yearly MYKI passes (via Commuter Club)
- Flexible working options
- Childcare facilities and parental leave
- Staff Wellbeing programs
For further information, and to view the position description visit http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 575100.
Applications close on Friday 19th April 2019.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.