KCTU Data Manager
KCTU Data Manager
Department : Clinical Trials Unit Denmark Hill
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Data Manager to join the UKCRC registered King's Clinical Trials Unit (KCTU) team. The post holder will contribute to the data management of a wide range of ongoing clinical trials run by KCTU (predominantly NIHR funded) and will be a skilled communicator with excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, good humour and resourcefulness.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to learn how to develop EDC (electronic data capture) systems under the supervision of senior members of the KCTU. The post holder will also be eligible to apply to the KCTU Bursary Scheme; this scheme is run by the KCTU with the aim of growing methodological knowledge amongst staff involved in research support activities, successful applicants have the opportunity of undertaking a Clinical Trials distance learning programme run by LSHTM.
This post will be office-based at KCL Denmark Hill campus and will involve occasional travel between campuses.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Adhere to KCTU Data Management Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work on a range of research projects to finalise database specifications alongside members of the research team and senior KCTU staff
- Learn how to build EDC systems using InferMed MACRO electronic data capture system
- Undertake database testing for InferMed MACRO databases
- Maintain and update the data management library of validated questionnaires
- Respond to requests for data extractions from study teams
- Provide training, where necessary to researchers using KCTU systems
- Carry out data checking within databases and data manipulation where necessary
- Contribute to the KCTU Trial Manager and Data Manager Network
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the supervisors
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
The selection process will include a panel interview.
To apply, please register with the King's College London application portal and complete your application online.
Main selection criteria:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Excellent written, verbal and organisation skills
- Work experience, preferably in a data management role
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to manage timelines and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent team player
- Commitment to maintain personal development
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact:
Senior Data Manager Aleksandra Kata, PhD via email at email@example.com. Also see www.ctu.co.uk for further information about the unit.
Grade and Salary : Grade 5, £28,660 - £33,199 per annum, plus £3,223 London Weighting Allowance per annum
Job ID : 012806
Post Date : 11-Apr-2019
Close Date : 12-May-2019
Contact Person : Aleksandra Kata
Contact Details : firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Computer Science Research Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Manager jobs in London (Greater)
- £30,001 - £40,000 Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Manager jobs in London (Greater)