Business Finance Tutor
Business Finance Tutor
Aberdeen, United Kingdom Full Time
Salary- £34,000- £38,968.86.
We are proud to introduce the University of Aberdeen International Study Centre, which is newest addition to the Study Group network. We’re opening the doors in September to talented international students, and are now looking to build an experienced team of Tutors that would thrive from the challenge.
For this job role, we are looking for an experienced Business Finance Tutor to deliver modules from our Undergraduate Foundation Year programme. You will work with small groups of Business Finance students, giving you the opportunity to be innovative with your lesson design and delivery.
Working from modern facilities, you will have access to high quality learning technologies, and will be encouraged to think outside of the box to ensure the students have a world-class experience whilst studying Business Finance in the UK. We offer excellent career progression and professional development, and you can utilise the wider Study Group network which is full of opportunity.
This job role reports to the Head of Curriculum & Progression, and as this is a new centre, you will work closely with them on a day to day basis. The team will all be NEW, so you will need to be a strong team player that is confident to hit the ground running, whilst also being adaptable in a start-up environment. As the UK’s fifth oldest University, the campus is full of rich heritage and we are based in the heart of this historic learning environment. Some even say it’s like a small village, creating a friendly community.
This job will be full of challenge and will require commitment, motivation, passion, and dedication. At times work load will be high, and you may find yourself getting involved in different areas of the centre, however the variety is unrivalled, and the reward will be huge as you watch something small grow to a fully functional centre of excellence.
- You will deliver high quality teaching of modules to groups of international students.
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning.
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will need extensive experience teaching Business Finance in UK higher, further education or sixth form context.
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Business, Finance, or a relevant subject. A teaching qualification or a PhD is highly desirable.
- Experience, and a positive track record, of working with staff teams, evaluating performance and identifying development needs.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.