This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and education program in Vinmec Healthcare System as well as the up-coming VinUni (Health Sciences) in 2018. VinUni/Vinmec desires a collegial, collaborative, outstanding medical educator with significant medical education career.
The qualified Educationalist of VinUni project would be responsible for faculty development, curriculum development and quality assurance and improvement. The educationalist will be responsible for the development and educational preparation of faculty instructing the simulation-based courses. The educationalist will work collaboratively with the various program leaders to develop curriculum. The educationalist will train faculty to debrief and also serve as a model debriefer for other staff. He/she will give formative feedback regarding debriefing skills to all trained Faculty.
The Educationalist may assist with other roles as appropriate and necessary during simulation sessions whether in the simulation center or in-situ.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. VinUni/Vinmec offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursuit a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer and VinUni-Health Sciences leadership
1. Faculty Development
- Teaching and development various instructor training workshops
- Provide ongoing help/support for debriefing skills improvement
- Teaching and development of advanced instructor training workshops
- Developing the Instructor Identification Process.
2. Curriculum Development
- Provide clinical educators of departments a methodological & systematic approach to the Course Development Process
- Development and analysis of learners needs assessment surveys
- Design clinical scenarios and pilot them to ensure all goals and objectives are met prior to involving participants
- Train faculty to learn and practice how to facilitate each of the course components and particularly to experience facilitating a debriefing session related to the specific scenarios that they developed
- Development of didactic materials
- Responsible for lessons and improvement within the simulator courses.
3. Quality Assurance
Provide ongoing learner and trainer needs assessment process to keep high quality training
- Observe daily operations of the courses and provide faculty with feedback during/after the course
- Refine scenarios and curriculum as needed throughout implementation
- Provide video based feedback for faculty to improve debriefing skills.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Master’s degree in an educational field, social work, psychology or medical education.
- Previous experience of 3-5 years as an educator/ faculty/manager of a training program in medical simulation or other simulation field.
- Knowledge of patient simulation education, technologies, and applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing within a busy hospital environment
- Group facilitation skills.
- Open-minded, logical thinking, highly responsible, determined and decisive.
English is the language of teaching and communication at Vin University. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 6.5 or equivalent.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
All applications including a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae should be submitted and email via firstname.lastname@example.org
(Human Resources Department, VinUni Project)