Program Director (Doctor of Medicine)
Program Director (Doctor of Medicine)
This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and education program in Vinmec Healthcare System as well as the up-coming VinUni (Health Sciences) in 2018. VinUni/Vinmec desires a collegial, collaborative, outstanding medical educator with significant medical education career (particularly in MD program leadership).
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership in higher education curriculum design, development and implementation in the University sector specifically in medical programs, broad collaborative network.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. VinUni/Vinmec offers an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursuit a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.
Reports to: Director of Health Sciences Program
Medical education program development and leadership
- The successful candidate is expected to take lead and responsibility for the development and implementation of curriculum for School of Medicine at VinUni.
- Provide leadership on course development, curriculum development and implementation, course quality assurance and improvement, and professional accreditation for MD education programs at VinUni.
- Provide leadership at course levels for implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency based education, student centered learning, teacher appraisal and articulation to post graduate’s program.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the course ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the course.
- Manage and oversee budgets for strategic funds allocated to course development
- During the project phase of VinUni, the candidate is also expected to recruit, to coach and lead the medical educator team to develop successfully the MD program.
- During the project phase: The candidate will report to the Project Director and Director of Health Sciences Education. He / she will definitely work closely with Director of Residency Program as well as the Vinmec Hospital Clinical leaderboard.
Human Resource Development for School of Medicine, mentoring/ teaching
- The candidate is also expected to maintain leadership and mentorship capability in advising VinUni/Vinmec team members within his/ her area of expertise. The candidate is expected to teach in his/her area of expertise to VinUni/Vinmec junior team members, and later on VinUni students in professional (health sciences discipline) and graduate programs.
- Work with the VinUni leaderboard to develop a profile of suitable candidates to teach in the course and participate in selection committees for position appointments
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the professional development of faculty members of medical program at VinUni to prepare for future generation of teaching / research staff
- Prepare a program for performance appraisal of all Faculty staff and department chairs.
Networking, international partnership and other services
The candidate is expected to take lead in building up international partnerships for VinUni/Vinmec in medical education. This includes cooperation and advocacy work with local stake holders and partners to satisfy all the requirements to establish medical programs in Vietnam context. He/she will also serve on different sciences/technology/educational and professional committees of VinUni/Vinmec as assigned.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- MD degree (preferably with Board certified in the US or equivalent).
- Strong track record in medical education program development and implementation with international standard and accreditation, especially the US standards (i.e. USMLE qualification).
- Experience in health care education pedagogy as well as clinical teaching.
- Experiences in Team-based Learning, and e-learning is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in academic setting.
- Verbal communication skill in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Experience in coaching/ mentoring medical educators.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
English is the language of teaching and communication at Vin University. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.
All foreign employees must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid visa and work permit in Vietnam. These requirements are mandated by the Government and may be over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change.
Vin University accepts zero tolerance to non-adherence of the immigration laws of Vietnam.
All applications including a letter of interest and a curriculum vitae should be submitted and email via firstname.lastname@example.org
(Human Resources Department, VinUni Project)
Apply for Program Director (Doctor of Medicine)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly