1 day left
- SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- SESSIONAL RATES AS PER INDUSTRIAL INSTRUMENT
- ACADEMIC CASUAL
The School of Nursing and Midwifery provides a comprehensive range of academic programs to prepare health care professionals for positions in nursing and midwifery. The School has a commitment to developing strong partnerships locally, nationally and internationally, through its collaboration with health professions, industry and the broader community. The School is looking for suitably qualified and experienced academics to provide unit coordination and/or teaching and/or marking for on campus and online undergraduate and postgraduate units in midwifery.
Successful applicants for Sessional Tutor and Marker positions:
- Will possess a midwifery-related qualification at least one level higher than the level of the course they wish to work in OR have the equivalent professional experience (see below*);
- Must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Midwife with no conditions, or able to become registered without delay;
- Have a strong and effective strategy for teaching and/or assessing.
To be considered for Unit Coordination, applicants also require experience of teaching and assessing in a higher education environment, and have a strong and effective strategy for teaching, assessing and learner engagement. You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Equivalent professional experience may include one or more of the following activities:
- Leadership in the development of professional midwifery standards;
- Performing in a role that requires high order judgement and the provision of expert midwifery advice, or roles at a senior level;
- Managing significant midwifery projects;
- Testimonials, awards or other recognition that acknowledges leadership or expertise in midwifery;
- Contributions to the midwifery profession through participation in advisory boards and professional networks.
Benefits & Remuneration
This casual position attracts a competitive remuneration plus University superannuation contribution. For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Sara Bayes on (08) 6304 3508 for more information.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume along with a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Friday 26th April 2019 at 11.30 pm WAST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.