Assistant Professor in Veterinary Gynecology and Obstetrics
Closing Date 10-May-2019
The position is responsible to the Dean, through the Head of School and Head of Department. The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out teaching, course co-ordination and curriculum development at the Certificate, Diploma, Advance Diploma, Undergraduate and later postgraduate programmes and also expected to develop and carry out relevant independent research projects in the area of specialization to extend knowledge in the appropriate subject area and assist the Head of School, Head of Department and the College Dean in the delivery of the programme covering academic units, research work and other related activities by the programme.
- PhD degree in Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics OR Master’s degree in Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics plus professional qualifications
- Registration or ability to register in Fiji under the Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act
The list of recognized Universities under Fiji Veterinary Surgeons Act can be obtained from this link.
- Ability to take on administrative duties
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research specialty
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification
- Prior teaching experience
- Demonstrated evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journal
Salary Base salary of $56,942.00 plus 10% superannuation
College/Division College of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry
Department Department of Veterinary Science
Location Nausori - Koronivia
Num x 1