7 days left
- Full Time
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: $70,339 - $80,792 (UOM 5)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Research, Innovation and Commercialisation (RIC) is the central facilitator of research funding in the University, taking advantage of the full diversity of research funding opportunities. RIC helps drive research and its impact at the University. It supports academic staff on grants and with research contracts; develops and manages commercial partnerships; and provides business development, intellectual property and technology licensing services to the University, among many other initiatives.
About the role
The Contracts Officer reports to the Manager, Research Contracts and is responsible for efficiently and effectively facilitating the negotiation and execution of research and other agreements, and managing contracts through to completion.
The Contracts Officer must be able to cultivate productive and collaborative working relationships within the Research Contracts team and with other RIC staff to enable seamless progression of research transactions, and with relevant stakeholders in Chancellery, University Services and Academic Divisions.
You will have:
- A law degree and/or demonstrated experience and expertise in drafting, negotiating, advising on contracts within a commercial or government environment;
- A good working knowledge of contract law, and commercial contracting (with prior experience in commercial law, government, and intellectual property being desirable);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to apply initiative, judgment and problem-solving skills, particularly to issues in commercial contracting;
- Well-developed skills in time management, setting priorities, planning and organising own work and that of others in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong capacity to function as part of a team, including supporting other team members on a project-by-project basis; and
- Commitment to the provision of quality service, with demonstrated ability to provide user friendly, responsive client service.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
For full position information go to:
http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.
Advertised: 12 Apr 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Apr 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time