Professor/Associate Professor in Data Science and Analytics
Taylor’s University is one of Malaysia’s most successful and reputable private higher education institutions. It is a modern and progressive university, well respected in Malaysia and often considered a benchmark for other private higher education providers in the country.
In this short time, Taylor’s has established itself as a world class university, in the top 200 in Asia, and as Malaysia’s leading private university. This standing has been built almost exclusively on our excellent reputation for undergraduate teaching and the overall experience of students during their time with us, aided by the establishment of our world-class Lakeside Campus.
Taylor's University is home to 5 international peer reviewed journals of which, JESTEC (Journal of Engineering Science and Technology) is indexed in both SCOPUS and ISI Emerging Sources Citation Index, while SEARCH: The Journal of the South East Asia Research Centre for Communication and the Humanities is indexed in SCOPUS. Taylor’s also organises National and International Conferences in diverse areas such as Education, Hospitality & Tourism, Student Leadership, Communication, Big Data, Engineering, Food Science & Nutrition, Pharmacy and many more.
- Develop the Centre for Data Science and Analytics to be recognized as one of the Top Data Science Research and Development Centre within the region.
- Leads the Centre and collaborate with other Data Science Centres establish a that mutual benefits.
- Manage the researchers within the Centre and to monitor and report the progress of research projects.
- Ensure the continued growth of the Centre through developing and supporting appropriate strategies for international activities, research, and consultancy.
- A doctorate and an international profile in the discipline of Data Science, Data Analytics or related field and equivalent professional leadership experience.
- Three-year working in the area of Big Data Analytics, statistical modelling, machine learning, optimization and/or predictive analytics.
- The ability to think and act strategically including the ability to plan and to deliver continuous improvement of the C4DSA; to deploy human, financial and other resources effectively; and to manage a broad range of industry-oriented research projects.