Computer Support Specialist
FOR USE BY IT AND HSIS ONLY: To provide accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer and networking problems of moderate to complex nature to ensure end-user productivity. To perform restorative and maintenance actions either remotely or at the end user s location to resolve problems, using basic troubleshooting and technical skills. To respond to situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or fixing problem equipment or software installations, moves and configuration changes. To maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards. This position will commit to fostering an environment of heightened security following Information Technology Security Policies and participating in security training, such as Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on an annual basis.
- Respond to escalated incidents from tier 1 support for contracted systems. Research and attempt remote resolution. If remote resolution is not possible, perform onsite troubleshooting and repair. When necessary escalate incidents to the next level, while maintaining ownership of the incident through resolution.
- Respond to service requests for contracted systems. Provide service remotely when possible, and otherwise provide onsite delivery of the service. When necessary escalate requests to the next level, while maintaining ownership of the request through resolution.
- Adhere to all standard operation procedures and defined processes.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding incident and request response in the ITSM tool.
- Provide guidance to Computer Support Technicians, and assist with training less experienced technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(Annual Salary: $42,598.40 - $66,788.80)
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and one (1) year of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Intermediate working knowledge of and ability to provide diagnostic support for desktop and laptop hardware and software issues.
- Intermediate working knowledge of and ability to provide diagnostic support for operating systems and applications such as Windows, Mac, MS Office, technical utilities and vendor software.
- Intermediate working knowledge of networking troubleshooting, including connectivity issues and VPN issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM.
- Understanding of ITSM tools required to deliver world-class IT to all supported customers through request and incident management, along with Knowledge base content development.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work under pressure, learn quickly, and multi-task
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent, and adapt well to shifting priorities
- Ability to provide guidance and training to less experienced technicians