ASU Patient Care Assistant
Serves as a vital member of the patient care team by performing a variety of direct and indirect tasks as assigned. Reports directly to the Nursing Supervisor under direction of the RN or LPN, provides assistance with patient care as needed in areas of transport and at the bedside. Performs other tasks through out the hospital and parking deck pertaining to errands, transportation of patients and vehicles and surveillance. Participates on teams created to improve outcome quality through process improvement and team technologies.
- Experience in hospital/patient care desired. Prefer completion of a nursing assistance course.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Able to meet the public and have a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Must have a valid Alabama Driver's license.
- BLS certification required by the end of employee provisional period.
Provides quality patient care for the needs of the populations served and age specific groups as indicated: pediatric (>1 – 12 years), adolescent (>12 – 17 years), adult (>17 – 65 years), and geriatric (>65 years).