Professional Teaching Fellow in Construction Management
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering: Graduate School of Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
The newly formed Graduate School of Engineering at the University of Auckland invites applications for a Professional Teaching Fellow position to strengthen its teaching activities and curriculum in engineering at postgraduate level. The successful Professional Teaching Fellow will ideally have experience with Construction Management.
- You will lead, plan and deliver high quality lectures, workshops, tutorials and project supervisions, using a range of contemporary learning approaches
- Assess and grade students' assignments, tests, exams and projects
- You'll also play a role in the development and management of our taught postgraduate programmes, attracting a diverse cohort of international and domestic students
- You will be integral to the Graduate School of Engineering teaching team
- Throughout all that you do, you will promote and enhance the international standing of the University of Auckland's postgraduate courses in engineering
Who are we looking for?
- A professional Engineer qualification, such as CMEngNZ or equivalent, is essential
- A BE, BE (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Engineering is a requisite requirement, as is a postgraduate qualification such as a Masters Degree and/or Doctorate
- A documented record of high quality delivery of taught courses/seminars/workshops in the areas of construction engineering and management is essential
- Some engineering experience at a professional level of responsibility is highly desirable
- Our preferred candidate will come with industry experience and/or research experience in Construction Management
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's leading University, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ's largest employers.
With approximately 40 academic staff, 800 undergraduates and over 150 postgraduate students, the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering. We provide BE (Hons) degree programme in Civil and Environmental Engineering, together with a range of postgraduate taught courses and research-based degrees at masters and doctoral levels. The Department has an established strong reputation in the traditional fields of the discipline. The Graduate School of Engineering is a newly formed unit within the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and hence you will be joining a new initiative with significant future growth potential.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential.
We offer a competitive salary, five weeks' annual leave, and over 300 different career development courses. In addition, the University offers a company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, childcare and a number of other subsidies on internal and external services.
For more information please visit 'Career development and benefits' at our careers site.
How to apply
Applications close Sunday, 19 May 2019.
For further information go to https://www.opportunities.auckland.ac.nz/psp/ps/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=20636&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
Direct enquiries only please - no agencies.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Teaching Fellowships jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Physical Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Civil Engineering Teaching Fellowships jobs in New Zealand
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Teaching Fellowships jobs in New Zealand