Director, Westmead Innovation Centre
- Exceptional leadership opportunity to develop and establish the Westmead Innovation Centre
- Tri-party partnership between The University of Sydney, Western Sydney Local Health District and Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
- 2-year fixed term appointment
About the opportunity
The Westmead Precinct is undergoing significant development that will result in Sydney having one of the largest and most integrated precincts focussing on health and wellbeing in Australia.
The Westmead Innovation Centre (WIC) is a tri-party partnership between foundation partners; The University of Sydney, Western Sydney Local Health District and Sydney Children’s Hospital Network aimed at creating a global centre of excellence in integrated education, research and healthcare for the people of western Sydney.
The Westmead Innovation Centre’s foundation partners are seeking a Director, Westmead Innovation Centre who will:
- lead the establishment of the WIC in collaboration with the WIC Mobilisation Project’s governance groups
- develop the governance structure, business plan and operating budget for the establishment and ongoing operations of the centre
- develop a communications and engagement plan and commence identifying and engaging with potential partners in industry and government to work collaboratively with the centre
- develop a facilities management model that enables efficient use of facilities in an environment with multiple stakeholders and partners
- develop a funding and industry engagement framework to achieve financial sustainability for the WIC.
- outstanding leadership skills with the ability to articulate the centre’s vision and goals to public and institutional audiences
- experience in developing business plans, governance structures, facilities management plans and operating budgets for an innovation centre, incubator or similar initiative
- experience in implementing major programs within complex environments involving collaborative strategic relationships between the higher educator, healthcare, industry and government sectors
- strategic decision making, relationship management, entrepreneurship and strong negotiation skills
- a comprehensive understanding of health services and delivery
- demonstrated experience engaging with industry in collaborative innovation and/or commercialisation projects.
For a copy of the Candidate Information Brochure inclusive of the Position Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Term and remuneration
The appointment will be for 2 years with the opportunity for renewal subject to assessment of performance.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package.
The University has engaged executive search firm JRS International Search Partners to assist with this appointment. JRS International Search Partners will support the selection committee to identify the widest possible field of qualified candidates and to assess candidates against the requirements for the role.
Applications consisting of a letter of introduction and curriculum vitae are to be submitted with confidence, electronically, to email@example.com by Monday 6 May 2019.
Enquiries can be directed to Toula Lambros, Senior Associate JRS International Search Partners at +61 2 9291 4210