Senior Research Fellow/ Research Fellow/ Research Assistant Professor - Public Health
Senior Research Fellow/ Research Fellow/ Research Assistant Professor
The National University of Singapore is recruiting a full-time researcher to be jointly appointed in Lloyd’s Register Foundation Institute for the Public Understanding of Risk (LRFIPUR) and the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH), National University of Singapore (NUS). Founded in 1905, NUS is consistently ranked among the world's top 30 universities and Asia's top 2 universities. It is an innovative, research-intensive university with over 36,000 students from 100 countries.
LRFIPUR is a recently established university-level research institute at the National University of Singapore. Supported by a generous gift from the Lloyd's Register Foundation, LRFIPUR is the first international academic and public outreach institution of its kind in Asia. LRFIPUR undertakes research on the scientific understanding of risk and its practical application through a multi-disciplinary approach that brings together science, engineering, social sciences, and humanities.
The Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health is the newest of 16 schools/ faculties within NUS. The School builds upon over 60 years of experience in research, teaching and practice formerly as a department and since 6 years as an independent school. With a focus on the heath of Asian populations, the School highlights:
- Identifying, developing and testing innovative solutions that integrate different research discoveries into potential public health actions;
- Collecting, collating and integrating data and evidence to inform public health policies;
- Implementing a broad-based curriculum that focuses upon the multidisciplinary nature of public health problems and solutions. The School’s flagship MPH Program attracts students from a wide range of disciplines from throughout the region.
LRFIPUR and SSHSPH invite applications for a full-time research track position in Risk Communication in Public Health & Food Safety. The researcher will work with the Deputy Director LRFIPUR to develop and deliver cutting-edge research in the field. The researcher will be eligible to apply for internal grants to support their research. The successful candidate will also be involved in raising funding for future research with the support of the LRFIPUR/SSHSPH team.
Impact and Engagement: Applicants should be keen to engage with policy-makers and scholarly communities in Asia and around the world, producing and communicating work that has an impact on the important questions and problems that confront Asia and the contemporary world. The successful candidate will work closely with the dedicated media team of LRFIPUR and SSHSPH to augment and extend the reach of research to policy-makers and the general public through multiple channels.
Candidates should have a PhD degree in a relevant discipline (communications, behavioural studies, sociology, psychology, social science) and will need to show a strong commitment to publishing in top journals and a good record of research in theoretically sound, empirically grounded, and policy-relevant research. Applicants whose research and writing focus on risk communication in Asia will have an advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to find out more at http://lrfi.nus.edu.sg and https://www.sph.nus.edu.sg
Applicants should submit, in electronic form (MS Word or PDF), the following:
- Cover letter
- Detailed curriculum vitae including list of publications
- Names and contact details of three referees
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please send the electronic submission to Mr Nathaniel Tan, Manager, LFRI. Nathaniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Readers / Senior Research Fellows jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Singapore
- Permanent Other Health & Social Care Research Fellowships jobs in Singapore