Executive Dean, Faculty of Arts and Education
Deakin aspires to be Australia’s premier university in driving the digital frontier, enabling globally connected education for the jobs of the future and research that makes a difference to the communities Deakin serves.
The Faculty of Arts and Education comprises three of Deakin’s largest schools – Education; Humanities and Social Sciences; and Communication and Creative Arts – and two institutes – the Institute of Koorie Education and the Alfred Deakin Institute.
The Faculty’s research impacts communities around the world by advancing education, citizenship and cultural understanding.
Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the Executive Dean will be:
- an outstanding leader of a large and multi-discipline Faculty
- an excellent thinker and strategist about the place of the Humanities and Social Sciences both for the future world of work for students and in the wider community
- responsible for the Faculty’s distinctive contribution to education and research across the disciplines of its expertise
- able to drive a culture of excellence in all Faculty activities
- accomplished in leading strategic and operational relationships with key education, community, industry, government and research partners.
To understand more about Deakin, the Faculty of Arts and Education and this opportunity connect to this microsite, deakin.edu.au/edartsed which contains the Information Book for Candidates and details on how to apply.
For a confidential conversation please contact: Adam Kyriacou: +61 499 333 571
Sandra Hedge: +61 404 076 740
The closing date for applications is COB Monday 27th May 2019.