Change Program Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About the role
- $121,591 – 129,021 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 12 month fixed-term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Change Program Manager provides change and project management expertise to enable successful delivery of projects within UNSW Business School. Working under broad direction, with a considerable degree of autonomy, the Change Program Manager has discretion to apply sound analysis, identify and prioritise issues, develop and deploy best practice solutions to meet organisational needs and deliver improvement outcomes.
The role of Change Program Manager reports to the Faculty Executive Director and has two direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing and leading the Business School project team, ensuring that relevant projects are effectively delivered within agreed timeframes, scope and budget.
- Project managing the business, functional, development, technical and change management aspects of the project, ensuring it is completed on schedule, within agreed resources and meets agreed business requirements.
- Managing stakeholder and business owner involvement in the project, ensuring appropriate change management and communication.
- Actively manage relationships, to influence and direct others to ensure the planned project and continuous improvement activities are enabled and carried out in a collaborative manner that recognises stakeholder and staff needs.
- As required, develop business-related policies and procedures for the new system in conjunction with stakeholders, mentoring these successfully through the consultative and approval process.
About the successful applicant
- Hold tertiary qualifications or extensive experience in project management
- A relevant portfolio of change project experience including high level project planning and management skills in establishing, monitoring, reviewing and reporting project and service performance, within a tertiary institution or equivalent organisation.
- Ability to identify and implement changes that enhance the efficiency of business practices and performance, including process mapping and process improvement skills.
- Relevant change expertise and qualifications within areas such as process re-engineering (such as Lean, Six Sigma/DMAIC/ADKAR), business analytics and project management.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Please upload your CV, and a separate document systematically addressing the below questions.
Providing a separate document addressing the selection criteria is optional.
Targeted Questions (Please address in no more than 400 words per answer):
- a) Please provide an example of where you had to overcome barriers to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Describe the process that you used. How did you resolve the issues and what did you learn from the experience?
- b) Please outline a significant project or initiative that you have managed. What were the factors critical to success? What would you do differently?
- c) Describe a time when you implemented a technology solution to meet a business need. How did you make sure you understood the business need and what were your criteria for success?
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 0962
Applications close: 11:30 pm 28th April 2019