Dean, School of Business Management & Information Technology
Department Name: School of Business Management & Information Technology
The College of the North Atlantic - Qatar is inviting applications for the position of Dean, Business Management & Information Technology. Reporting to the Vice President, Academics, the Dean, School of Business Management & Information Technology must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to support the School of Business Management & Information Technology in fully implementing the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 30 diploma programs through student-centred learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual to lead the development of a strategy and plan that ensures the success of the School of Business Management & Information Technology and manage the school’s performance in line with the plan and set objectives. The incumbent is also required to take full responsibility for overseeing the academic, administrative, and financial matter within the school. This includes providing leadership and direction to staff and faculty to meet the expectations of program delivery; fostering educational promotional activities and partnerships in the State of Qatar and emphasize the importance of TVET education; maintaining relevant external industry relationships important to program design and content, as well as faculty and students.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Dean, School of Business Management & Information Technology at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar. The Dean, School of Business Management & Information Technology reports to the Vice President, Academics and is responsible to support the School of Business Management & Information Technology in the following areas:
The Dean, School of Business Management & Information Technology is responsible to:
- Provide academic leadership for excellence in Business Management & Information Technology programming in fulfillment of the College’s mission, mandate, and strategic plan, as well as the Qatar National Vision 2030 and the Education and Training Sector Strategy 2018-2022.
- Lead the policy development initiatives for the School in conjunction with the VP, Academic.
- Provide instructional leadership and identify opportunities for professional development in line with the teaching and learning guidelines.
- Increase the School of Business Management & Information Technology programs and enrolment in response to, and in anticipation of, the State of Qatar’s human resource needs.
- Develop and implement an annual Academic School Strategic Plan including the following components: new academic initiatives, stakeholder engagement strategies, recruitment and retention of students, and faculty professional development.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate programs in the School of Business Management & Information Technology while providing strategic leadership to all quality assurance and accreditation activities.
- Establish positive partnerships with external stakeholders, industry, business and government to ensure alignment of needs with the School’s programs.
- Engage faculty, staff and students in discussions of all important collegiate issues and assure a positive, high-quality working environment.
- Establish an environment of open communication, collegiality and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Collaborate with the Program Development and Academic Quality Office to develop, deliver, and evaluate courses and programs within the School while providing strategic leadership to all School quality assurance activities;
- Promote Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), particularly in Business Management & Information Technology, and foster TVET promotional activities and partnerships in the State of Qatar.
- Establish effective partnerships with external stakeholders in industry, business and government to ensure all aspects of program design and delivery meet learner and labour market needs.
- Establish and maintain Program Advisory Committees to maximize opportunities for industry collaboration in the areas of program/curriculum design, work-term and on the job training, applied research, student sponsorship, and program marketing.
- Liaise with academic partners regarding accreditation, student exchange, articulations or other academic quality program matters as necessary.
- Promote a culture of applied research in accordance with the College’s mission, the State of Qatar’s research agenda, and based on local labour market, environmental, commercial, technical, and industrial challenges.
- Act as a mentor for students by participating in student events, promoting non-traditional learning activities to achieve student learning objectives.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries by students, faculty, staff, and employers with respect and in accordance with a professional code of ethics.
- Attend leadership and management meetings as required and participate in initiatives to support CNA-Q’s strategic goals.
- Participate in CNA-Q wide collaborative strategic activities with cross-functional departments and other Schools to achieve the goals of the annual plan.
- Lead the development and monitor implementation of procedures, processes, guidelines governing the School.
- Lead the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the School of Business Management & Information Technology and monitor the School’s performance vis-à-vis established KPIs on a regular basis.
- Plan and manage human, financial, and capital resources to ensure effective and efficient resource utilization.
- Appoint committees at the college level to assist him/her in specific matters related to the functions or operations of the college.
- Determine the delegation of authority to Associate Deans as deemed necessary and appropriate with clarity on operating relationships.
- Teach courses, as assigned, within the School of Business Management and Information Technology.
- Prepare an annual academic report on performance of the School’s academic programs in conjunction with the Institutional Effectiveness department and submit to the VP Academic.
- Uphold all academic quality benchmarks set by CNA-Q, and liaise with CNA-Q leadership to ensure alignment of and accountability for academic standards.
- Oversee professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on CNA-Q’s Employee Performance Management framework.
- Foster an environment and culture that delivers excellence in all school and college activities and support shaping student experiential experiences and reputation for school programs.
- Ensure effective management of faculty including classroom observation, coaching and discipline to ensure consistent high quality instructional delivery.
- Review and recommend contract renewals, faculty evaluations, annual increments, and bonuses in coordination with Faculty Affairs.
- Lead the development of workforce plans for the School in collaboration with Faculty Affairs and the VP, Academic.
- Lead the development of employees through identifying appropriate learning and development opportunities in collaboration with VP, Academic and Faculty Affairs.
- Ensure the recruitment of talent within the School of in collaboration with VP, Academic and Faculty Affairs and ensure that all minimum faculty qualifications, skills and experience are achieved.
- Oversee appropriate disciplinary actions and conflict resolution for students and faculty – in line with the disciplinary action policy and process escalations.
Education and Certifications:
- Doctorate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized, accredited institution. A terminal degree in a closely related field may be considered.
- Professional certification in a relevant field offered within the School
- Membership in a related professional body
- 10+ years of employment experience with a combination of experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline, as well as experience in a supervisory/management role within the relevant discipline.
- Experience working in a post-secondary institution where applied, industry-aligned programs in business and IT are offered.
- Strong knowledge of and substantial experience with the development, delivery, evaluation and program accreditation of business and IT college or university programs.
- Demonstrated leadership in post-secondary administration in a similar leadership position.
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects.
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects.
- A minimum of five (5) years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline
- Eligible Professors & Assistant Professors that have exhibited consistent exceptional performance.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Arabic is preferable.
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0 and above.
Other Required Skills:
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate.
- Knowledge of technical and polytechnic college systems.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills and a reputation for building positive working relationships across all levels of an organization, and with industry govern partners.
- Demonstrated record of collaborative decision-making, a high standard of professional integrity, and a commitment to academic excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and strategy for developing experiential, student-centered programming and proven leadership, management, organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
- Knowledge of technical and polytechnic college systems is essential.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
- A letter of application, concisely outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application;
- Names and contact information of three referees.
- Internationally competitive income (salary is commensurate with experience).
- Furnished accommodation (in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies).
- Annual air ticket to home country (for employee, spouse and up to 3 children under age 18).
- Educational allowance for candidate's children in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
- Group health insurance in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
- Annual Leave in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal at https://careers.cna-qatar.com/en/job-search-results/