Paramedic Clinical Supervisor/Instructor
- Continuing, Part Time (0.5FTE)
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Science
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Total Remuneration $46,286 to $49,851 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $39,113 to $42,125, plus 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location, or life circumstances.
With campuses strategically-placed across Australia, CQUniversity’s footprint is one of the largest and fastestgrowing in the country. Access the latest industry trends and technology: Our overarching emphasis is on community, diversity and promoting strong industry partnerships, all within a supportive and family-friendly environment.
The School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences is a fully comprehensive and truly integrated tertiary education provider of a wide range of qualifications across the health, medical and applied sciences disciplines. The structure enhances the responsiveness of the School to industry and community needs in the provision of high quality and inclusive tertiary education and research. The School is underpinned by a strong culture of engagement, leadership, openness, inclusiveness and a ‘can do’ approach that ensures that it is a great School in which to work and study.
If you have a passion for paramedic science and clinical supervision and the technical world, are a team player, and want to make a difference with your work, this role is perfect for you. Each day you work in this role, you will make a positive impact on student learning journeys, all while working within CQUniversity’s state of the art laboratory facilities and enjoying its many generous employment benefits.
Your new role:
- Applying specialist technical skills and knowledge in the analysis, design and production of systems and equipment to relevant standards and specification to add benefit to paramedic teaching and research programs.
- Overseeing specialised clinical simulation facilities, resources and equipment to meet standards and legislation and instructing staff and students in the appropriate use of it.
- Calibrating and repairing complex or specialised equipment for paramedic clinical teaching/research facilities.
You will have:
- A relevant degree with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and specialist expertise with a broad knowledge in technical and trade fields; or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specialist clinical support including facility and simulation equipment planning, stock control, asset management, maintenance and repairs across paramedic science in accordance with relevant standards.
- Proficiency in the use of specialised skills relevant to the technical and scientific nature of the position, such as preparing and applying moulage, operating clinical paramedic instrumentation, assembling and troubleshooting specialised equipment, and preparing clinical, emergency and trauma management scenarios.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 21 April 2019
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33048
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume outlining your qualifications relevant to Position Description, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.